The River Information Solution (RIS) simultaneously improves the safety and optimizes the traffic and transport process in inland navigation on any river.
RIS streamlines information exchange between the public and private parties participating in inland waterway transport. The information is used in different applications and systems to enhance traffic and transport processes.
- Enhancement of inland navigation safety in ports and rivers
- Local and regional traffic information
- Optimization of the resource management of the waterborne transport chain by enabling information exchange among vessels, lock and bridges, terminals and ports
- Better use of the inland waterways
- Environmental protection
- Improved level of cooperation among authorities and operators/suppliers
- Compliance with the European regulations on traffic management