Cluj-Napoca Water Treatment Plant
Cluj-Napoca Water Treatment plant is managed by Somes Water Company and serves mainly the city of Cluj-Napoca and the rural areas upstream holding a public sewerage network. After being awarded the contract for the extension and modernization of the water treatment plant in 2011 by the local authorities, UTI conducted its first environmental construction project as a general contractor.
UTI realized the design, execution, and commissioning of the new treatment plant. The works were carried out within 21 months and consisted of:
- The implementation of a modern, efficient wastewater treatment technology complying with the maximum limits of the European and national standards on the quality of water discharged into natural range after treatment
- The reduction of the annual operating costs of the plant and maintaining their margin of 5.7 million Eur / year
- Operation simplification throughout an automated command and control system
- The reduction of the pollution by replacing 45% of the use of classical energy with renewable energy resulted in the process of waste recycling and cogeneration
- The proposed technical and technological solutions observe the requirements specified by the client and are in accordance with the European legislation (EC 91/271 / EEC) and the national legislation (NTPA 001/2002) in the field.
The wastewater treatment plant of Cluj-Napoca is a modern industrial facility that combines the greening process and water treatment technology for the production and use of biogas in the process of generating hot water and electricity.